The best spinach and artichoke dip appetizer!
Watch the Video:
My spinach, feta, and artichoke dip is the perfect appetizer for every game day and holiday party. It’s the exact same recipe as my spanikopita dip I posted last year, but I added artichoke hearts. Adding the artichokes changes the flavor to make the perfect spinach and artichoke dip. It’s rich and creamy and can be served with anything from veggies to pita bread. So, it’s a great low-carb option!
Why you’ll serve this at every gathering
Creamy, salty feta
Melt in your mouth spinach
The perfect rich, creamy, cheesy, herb-flavored dip that everyone will love!
Here’s what you’ll need
- Onion -finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves -grated
- Spinach leaves -roughly chopped
- Cream cheese -softened at room temperature
- Feta cheese -crumble from block to avoid tasteless pre-crumbles
- Mozzarella cheese -shredded
- Dried dill -or fresh dill if you have it
- Ground black pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Roasted red bell peppers -diced
- Can artichoke hearts -drained and cut in half or quarters
How to make Spinach, Feta, and Artichoke Dip
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F, 220 °C.
- Place the onion and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook until soft and golden -about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and warm through for a few seconds.
- Then, add the spinach in a few batches as each batch wilts.
- Transfer the spinach mixture to a large bowl.
- Add the cream cheese and mix together until it melts.
- Then, add the feta cheese, the artichokes, and half of the mozzarella.
- Season with black pepper, dill, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Mix together and transfer to an 8-inch round or square baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake on the center rack for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Turn the broiler element on for 2 minutes, so the cheese turns golden brown.
- Set aside at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving.
It’s important for the dip to set before serving so the dip melds together. It will be super creamy with some stringiness from the mozzarella. Serving it with veggies makes it completely low-carb, but toasted pita bread, chips, breadsticks, or anything dippable will be perfect. For parties, serve it with a variety of dippables, so there are a lot of choices for everyone. Enjoy! Kali Orexi!
- Creamy Whipped Feta Dip
- Mediterranean White Bean Dip
- Greek 7-Layer Dip
- Muhammara Recipe: Red Pepper & Walnut Dip
- 3 Easy & Delicious Greek Dips
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 pound (450g) spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, diced
- 1 (14oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
Preheat the oven to 425 °F, 220 °C.
Place the onion and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook until soft and golden. About 8 minutes.
Add the garlic and warm through for a few seconds.
Add the spinach in a few batches after each batch wilts.
Transfer the spinach mixture to a large bowl.
Add the cream cheese and mix together until it melts.
Add the feta cheese, the artichokes, and half of the mozzarella.
Season with black pepper, dill, and crushed red pepper flakes.
Mix together and transfer to an 8-inch round or square baking dish.
Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
Bake on the center rack for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Turn the broiler element on for 2 minutes so that the cheese turned golden brown.
Set aside at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Serve with veggies, pita bread, chips, or breadsticks. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Traditional Cretan Aprons (heavier fabric)
Emile Henry Burgundy Le Grande 12 inch Pie Dish
Staub Cast Iron 7-qt Round Cocotte - White Truffle, Made in France
J.A. Henckels International 31161-201 CLASSIC Chef's Knife, 8 Inch, Black
TEAKHAUS Wood Cutting Board Block I Chopping Board I Wooden Cutting Boards for Kitchen I Large Cutting Board with Handle I Chopping Boards for Kitchen I Thick Cutting Board 107 24x18x1.5