This Mediterranean White Bean Dip is rich, creamy, zesty, and ready in 15 minutes! Serve it with toasted pita, fresh vegetables, or as a spread. Healthy & Delicious!!
Although much of the flavor in this dip comes from the addition of feta cheese, you can leave it out and make it vegan! I’ll share some more flavor combination ideas in this post.
- Canned white beans: use your favorite beans. Any of these will work perfectly: butter beans, cannellini beans, Great Northern beans, or navy beans. You can even substitute chickpeas for the white beans if your heart desires.
- sun-dried tomatoes: I highly recommend purchasing the kind that are packed in oil. They’re usually sold in jars and are very delicious. So much better than the dry variety.
- feta cheese: sheep’s milk feta is my top pick, but a cow’s milk variety will work in this recipe too. Whatever you do, stay away from the feta crumbles!!! Buy your feta in blocks and crumble it yourself. It makes a big difference in flavor. The crumbles are dry and too salty. Feta blocks (especially sheep’s milk feta) is very creamy and it takes a few seconds to crumble it yourself.
- fresh lemon juice
- water or broth: feel free to use vegetable broth to add more flavor.
- dried oregano: rosemary is a great substitute.
- garlic cloves
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Garnish ideas: capers, Kalamata olives, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes. Any or all of these are delicious over top this dip.
How to Make the Mediterranean White Bean Dip
In this recipe, the food processor is your best friend. It does all of the work and the dip will be ready to enjoy in a few minutes. Make an extra batch!! This dip keeps well in the refrigerator all week long and tastes great in sandwiches too.
Begin with the garlic. Pulse it a few times until it is minced. Then add the sun-dried tomatoes and pulse until they are finely chopped too.
Then, I like to add the beans and break them up a bit. Last, I add the remaining ingredients and pulse until the dip is smooth and creamy. Taste it and add some salt if needed. That’s it!! The dip is ready to serve 🙂
Make the Dip Vegan:
To make this dip vegan, leave out the feta cheese and then definitely season it well with salt.
Add any or a combination of the following ingredients to your Mediterranean White Bean Dip:
- roasted red peppers from the jar, drained
- a teaspoon of za’atar seasoning
- artichokes from the jar, drained
- pitted kalamata olives
- 1-2 tablespoons harissa
- roasted garlic
More Dips to try:
Watch the Video
- 15 ounces cooked white beans (butter beans, cannellini, Great Northern) rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup water
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- feta cheese
- olive oil
- Place the garlic in a food processor and pulse until minced.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the beans and puree.
- Add the feta cheese, crushed red pepper flakes, water, oregano, and lemon juice and puree until smooth.
- Taste and add salt f needed.
- transfer the dip onto a serving plate or bowl and garnish it with olive oil, capers, feta, and your favorite toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Terra Creta | Certified PDO Extra Virgin Olive Oil 3Ltr | Award Winning | Single Origin & Single Estate Kolymvari | 100% Pure Greek Olive Oil | Cold Extracted | Certified Kosher
Johnson Brothers Devon Cottage 10.6" Dinner Plate, Multicolor
Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel - Silver