A quick, easy extra fresh salad that goes from a snack to a meal prep option!
Watch the Video
From start to finish, this Mediterranean Chickpea salad only takes about 15 minutes to make and keeps fresh in the refrigerator for days. It’s perfect for meal prep because you can top it with lamb, chicken, or shrimp, spoon it over couscous, or have it on hand for snacks. It would make a delicious lunch and be great for the kid’s lunchboxes. The options are endless with this one. Plus, it’s zesty, delicious, and healthy. So, you’re going to love it!
Why you’ll love this salad
- Fresh veggies
- Fresh, flavorful herbs
- Fresh, zesty dressing
- A delicious, healthy, fresh Mediterranean Chickpea salad that’s super easy and versatile!
All the freshness
- Chickpeas –rinsed and drained
- English cucumber –if using a regular cucumber, be sure to remove the seeds
- Roasted red peppers –fresh red, green, yellow, or orange would be good too
- Scallions –red or sweet Vidalia onions would be great substitutes
- Grape tomatoes –halved
- Feta cheese –Sheep’s milk feta is traditional and has the best flavor
- Kalamata olives –or any combination of your favorite olives
- Fresh parsley –finely chopped
- Fresh mint leaves –finely chopped
- Pepperoncini peppers –optional and not traditional, but adds a nice salty bite
- Olive oil –a really good quality like the one in our shop straight from Crete!
- Vinegar –try our new white balsamic or regular balsamic or red wine vinegar
- Fresh lemon juice –for extra brightness
- Garlic clove –grated or minced
- Dried crushed oregano
- Freshly cracked black pepper
How to make Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Make the Dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients, except the salt and pepper, in a bowl and whisk them together.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Crumble the feta cheese on top and pour the dressing over the salad.
- Toss together and serve immediately or chilled.
You can add or change any of the ingredients in this salad to make it your own. So, you don’t even have to make it the same each time. I have a beautiful platter with lemons on it that I like to spoon this salad onto. It’s vibrant, just like the salad! If you have any leftovers or are meal prepping, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Let me know how you make your salad and how you eat it. Kali Orexi!
More Salad Recipes:
- Greek Tortellini Salad
- Potato Salad from Tarpon Springs
- Maroulosalata: Greek Green Salad
- Mediterranean Green Bean Salad
- Greek Beet & Yogurt Salad
- 2 (15-oz/439g) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 roasted red peppers, diced
- 5-6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1-2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz (115g) feta cheese
- 1/2-1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- a handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2-3 peperoncini peppers, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
- salt, to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
Make the Dressing: Combine all of the dressing ingredients, except the salt and pepper, in a bowl and whisk them together.
Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Crumble the feta cheese on top and pour the dressing over the salad. Toss together and serve immediately or chilled.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Soom Foods Single-Source Pure Ground Organic Sesame Tahini Paste 16oz (2 Pack) | Silky Smooth Texture in Hummus, Dips, Salad Dressings | Vegan, Nut-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Keto, Paleo, Plant Based, Kosher, Organic
STAUB Ceramics Rectangular Baking Dish, 13x9-inch, Dark Blue
KitchenAid KSM3311XAQ Artisan Mini Series Tilt-Head Stand Mixer, 3.5 quart, Aqua Sky Blue
Traditional Cretan Aprons (heavier fabric)
Mina Mild Harissa Sauce, Mild Sauce Crafted with Fresh Red Peppers Instantly Transforms Any Plate with the Lively Flavors of Morocco (10 Ounces)
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, Sterilizer, and Warmer, 8 Quart, 14 One-Touch Programs
TEAKHAUS Wood Cutting Board Block I Chopping Board I Wooden Cutting Boards for Kitchen I Large Cutting Board with Handle I Chopping Boards for Kitchen I Thick Cutting Board 107 24x18x1.5
Gourmet Dark Balsamic Glaze (250ml/8.5 oz)
Gourmet White Balsamic Glaze (250ml/8.5 oz)
Olive Oil- Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil (500ml/15.9 oz)