Greek pasta salad in less than 20 minutes!
Watch the Video:
My Greek tortellini salad is so easy to make that it’s ready in less than twenty minutes. It has lots of fresh Greek salad-type veggies and the best Greek dressing you’ve ever had. Honestly, the dressing adds all the flavor! The only thing to cook is the pasta. So, once you’ve cooked your pasta, cut your veggies, and made your dressing… you’re ready to eat! Its great served as a side to any protein, or it can be eaten all by itself.
You’ll make this pasta salad often
- Creamy cheese filled tortellini
- Bright, fresh veggies
- Kick of spice from the harissa
- Fresh and delicious Greek tortellini salad in less than twenty minutes!
I made my pasta salad with tortellini, but there are a lot of substitutions here. Use your favorite pasta shapes like bowtie or rotini. If you’re gluten-free, use your favorite gluten-free pasta. You could even try pasta-free options like quinoa, chickpeas, lentils, or a combination of beans. You can make this salad your own and use what you like!
For the Salad:
- Refrigerated cheese tortellini or your favorite pasta
- Grape tomatoes cut in half –or cherry tomatoes
- Scallions –thinly sliced, rinsed, and drained
- Bell pepper –finely chopped or 2 diced roasted red peppers
- Cucumber –peeled and diced
- Kalamata olives –pitted and chopped
- Feta cheese –always crumbled from a block to avoid tasteless over salted pre-crumbles
- Pepperoncini –sliced
For the Dressing:
- Extra Virgin Olive oil –Try the new Cold Pressed Extra Virgin olive oil from Crete in our shop!
- Red wine vinegar –or lemon juice
- Mild harissa sauce –try my homemade version, or my favorite store brand is Mina mild harissa
- Garlic cloves –grated
- Dried oregano
This Greek pasta salad is the kind of salad that you can change pretty easily. I use the type and amount of veggies we love, but you can leave a vegetable out or add more of anything. The tanginess of the dressing is my favorite part, but pesto would be a great substitute. If it’s a little thick for you, just add a little extra virgin olive oil or water. You could also replace the feta with mozzarella or grilled halloumi cheese. Let me know how you like to eat it!
How to make Greek Tortellini Salad
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add one teaspoon of salt.
- Then, add the tortellini pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and add to a large bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all salad dressing ingredients.
- Then, add all the salad ingredients to the pasta and pour the dressing over the top.
- Stir together and adjust the seasoning if needed.
There’s no wrong way to eat Greek pasta salad, but it’s great as a side dish. Any protein would go well with it. The oil-based dressing makes it perfect for a barbeque or picnic. I enjoy eating it for lunch with chicken or fish on top because it’s so bright and refreshing with just a hint of spice. I look forward to seeing how you make it! Kali Orexi!
Serve this Salad with:
Gourmet White Balsamic Glaze (250ml/8.5 oz)$16.00
Gourmet Dark Balsamic Glaze (250ml/8.5 oz)$16.00
Cretan Mountain Tea- Malotira (30g/1.05 oz)$9.99
Dried Oregano from Crete (20g/.71 oz)$9.00
Cretan Mountain Tea: Dittany (20g/.71 oz)$10.00
Thyme Honey from Crete: Uncle Dimitri’s Honey (470g/ 1 lb)$25.00
Olive Oil Can- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (3L/101 oz)$56.00
Olive Oil- Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil (500ml/15.9 oz)$23.00
For the Salad:
- 20-24 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini or your favorite pasta
- 16 ounces (400g) grape tomatoes cut in half
- 5-6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped or 2 roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces (250 g) Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 8 ounces (250g) feta cheese, crumbled
- 5-6 pepperoncini, sliced
For the Dressing:
- 1/3-1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup mild harissa sauce
- 2-3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt. Add the tortellini pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the package instructions. Drain and add to a large bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all of the salad dressing ingredients.
- Add all of the salad ingredients to the pasta and pour the dressing over top.
- Mix together and taste. Adjust teh seasoning if needed. Serve.
- Kali Orexi!
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
J.A. Henckels International 31161-201 CLASSIC Chef's Knife, 8 Inch, Black
TEAKHAUS Wood Cutting Board Block I Chopping Board I Wooden Cutting Boards for Kitchen I Large Cutting Board with Handle I Chopping Boards for Kitchen I Thick Cutting Board 107 24x18x1.5
Olive Oil- Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil (500ml/15.9 oz)
Dried Oregano from Crete (20g/.71 oz)
Traditional Cretan Aprons (heavier fabric)
Gourmet White Balsamic Glaze (250ml/8.5 oz)