This is a summertime salad that you will want to eat. The green beans are crisp and refreshing and paired with creamy feta, figs, walnuts. This salad is loaded with Mediterranean flavors and ready in 10 minutes. Summertime on a plate!
Watch the Video Tutorial Here
What is in this Green Bean Salad?
Here’s what I used. Of course, you can feel free to substitute any of these ingredients with your favorites.
- fresh green beans, also known as string beans
- grape tomatoes
- dried figs
- red onion
- kalamata olives
- feta cheese
- toasted walnuts
- bell pepper
- fresh mint
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
Substitute the mint for any of your favorite herbs such as dill, parsley, or basil. Feel free to use goat cheese instead of feta. If you prefer a milder cheese, mozzarella balls would be great. The same goes for the walnuts, just use your favorite nuts instead if you prefer.
What to serve with this Green Bean Salad:
Serve this salad on its own because it is full of flavor and it is very filling. It pairs well with so many things. Here are a few:
- boiled or poached eggs
- smoked salmon
- baked salmon
- grilled chicken
- grilled lamb or steak
There are so many options and it tastes delicious the following day so bring it with you to work for a healthy lunch.
Can this salad be made ahead?
Yes. To make it ahead, boil the green beans and then shock them and drain them. Place them in an airtight container and chill in the refrigerator until ready to use. They will keep fresh for 4-5 days.
Male the dressing and store it in a mason jar in the refrigerator.
Prepare the remaining ingredients and store them in a container.
When ready to serve, assemble the salad and add the dressing. Toss and serve!
Shop for your kitchen essentials using my affiliate links to support my work without any additional cost to you. Thank you very much!!
- 1-pound green beans ends trimmed
- A handful of cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- A quarter of a small red onion, finely chopped
- 10 Kalamata olives halved
- Feta cheese, to taste and crumbled
- 5 dried figs, thinly sliced
- A quarter cup of toasted walnuts, chopped
- Half of a bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add the green beans with a teaspoon of salt.
- Boil for 7-8 minutes or until tender but still crisp.
- Drain and place the beans in a bowl of ice water to shock them This will stop them from cooking further and will help them retain their bright green color.
- Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Make the salad dressing:
- Combine all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad:
- Combine all of the salad ingredients into a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss together.
- Transfer to a serving platter or bowl and serve. Enjoy
This salad keeps fresh stored in the refrigerator up to 2 days.