Thanks to the Instant Pot, this butternut squash soup comes together in about 30 minutes and is full of fall flavor!
Watch the Video:
I used my instant pot to make this velvety smooth and delicious butternut squash soup in 30 minutes. I know it’s hard to believe that you can have a show stopper in such a short amount of time, but thank you, instant pot! This soup is loaded with all of my seasonal fall favorites and is unnoticeably a vegan soup. If you’re not vegetarian, you can add a little cream at the end for richness, but either way, it’s delicious.
This soup freezes well, so be sure to make extra every time! All you have to do is let it cool to room temperature, then transfer it to freezer-safe containers. You can store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat it, transfer it to the refrigerator to thaw it overnight. Then, warm through in a pot before serving. Easy and delicious!
Why this will be a fall favorite
- Savory & slightly sweet
- Luxurious creaminess
- Velvety smooth
- Delicious autumn-in-a-bowl soup in 30 minutes!
It can be all vegan ingredients
- Butternut squash –peeled, seeded, and diced
- Onion –chopped
- Olive oil
- Carrots -diced
- Celery stalks –diced
- Garlic cloves –grated
- Sweet potato –peeled and cubed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Roasted red pepper –drained
- Water or broth
- Dried thyme
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heavy whipping cream (optional)
- Serving options: feta cheese, olives, and pumpkin seeds
How to make Instant Pot butternut squash soup
- Set the Instant Pot to the Sauté high setting.
- Add the onion, olive oil, carrots, and celery. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and sauté for about 8 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic and thyme and warm through for a few seconds.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients.
- Put the lid on and set the valve to the seal position. Pressure cook on High for 8 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for about 10 minutes then, carefully open the valve and do a quick release.
- Blend the soup until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Add heavy cream to the soup and some more broth to get the soup to the desired consistency.
This soup is luxurious, so it doesn’t need much. I like to serve it with my loaded olive and halloumi bread. If you haven’t tried it, you definitely want to give it a try. It’s the best bread I’ve ever had in my life. Here’s the recipe! You can also serve your soup with topping options like toasted pumpkin seeds, feta, and olives. If you didn’t add the cream, you could even try serving it with sour cream or Greek yogurt. Kali Orexi!
More Soup Recipes:
- The Best Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup
- Instant Pot Greek Lemony Chicken Soup
- Mediterranean Tortellini Soup
- Fasolada in 30 Minutes: Express Greek White Bean Soup
- Creamy Vegan Fasolada (White Bean) and Kale Soup
- 1 (2 lb/ 1kg) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1-2 roasted red pepper, drained
- 8-10 cups of water or broth
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (optional)
- Serving: feta cheese, olives, pumpkin seeds, toasted bread
Set the Instant Pot to the Saute high setting.
Add the onion, olive oil, carrots, and celery. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and saute for about 8 minutes or until soft.
Add the garlic and thyme and warm through for a few seconds.
Add all of the remaining ingredients.
Put the lid on and set the valve to the seal position. Pressure cook on High for 8 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for about 10 minutes then, carefully open the valve and do a quick release.
Blend the soup until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning of needed.
Add heavy cream to the soup and some more broth if needed to get the soup to the desired consistency.
Serve with toasted bread, pumkin seeds, feta, and olives. Kali Orexi!
This soup freezes well. Allow it to cool to room temperature and then transfer it to freezer safe containers. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and warm through in a pot before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
365 by Whole Foods Market, Organic Shelf-Stable Red Peppers, Fire Roasted, 16 Ounce
J.A. Henckels International 31161-201 CLASSIC Chef's Knife, 8 Inch, Black
TEAKHAUS Wood Cutting Board Block I Chopping Board I Wooden Cutting Boards for Kitchen I Large Cutting Board with Handle I Chopping Boards for Kitchen I Thick Cutting Board 107 24x18x1.5
Vitamix Explorian Blender, Professional-Grade, 64 oz. Low-Profile Container, Black - 65542 (Renewed)
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, Sterilizer, and Warmer, 8 Quart, 14 One-Touch Programs