This creamy white bean and kale soup comes together in one pot in under an hour. It’s hearty, delicious, and healthy. The beans and potato make it naturally creamy and perfect for Meatless Monday! You’re gonna love this one.
Vegan, Gluten-free, and so Healthy
This soup is loaded with flavor and veggies. It’s a great way to get some nutritious veggies and fiber into your family’s diet without sacrificing flavor. The beans and potatoes add richness, body, and naturally thicken the soup and make it creamy.
Ingredient List & Substitutions
- Canned or dried Cannellini Beans: feel free to substitute any white beans that you enjoy or have on hand (great northern beans, gigantes, lima beans, etc..)
- olive oil
- garlic cloves
- veg stock or water
- oregano (use your favorite herbs instead of oregano if desired)
- crushed red pepper flakes
- baby kale leaves: if using large kale leaves, remove the thick fibrous stem. Feel free to substitute spinach, arugula, or your favorite greens.
- lemon juice: always freshly squeezed!
- salt & pepper
- feta: of course!! 😆
More Hearty Soup Recipes:
Watch the Video Tutorial
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 potato diced
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 garlic cloves, grated
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 ounces baby kale
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- feta cheese for garnish
Add the onion, celery, and carrots to a pot with olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt and cook over medium heat until soft. About 8-10 minutes.
Drain the beans and set aside in a strainer.
Add the garlic to the pot and warm through for a few seconds.
Add the potatoes, beans, stock, and season with salt, pepper, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes. Mix it together and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
Transfer 1/3 to 1/2 of the soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Add the puree back to the pot and mix together.
Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Add the baby kale leaves to the pot and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
Add the lemon juice and the parsley and serve with olive oil and feta cheese and some toasted bread.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to a week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.