Easy to put together and so lemony delicious!
Watch the Video
This easy Greek chicken drumsticks and potato sheet pan dinner has a lemony sauce and comes together in about 5 minutes. Yes! That’s how easy it is. The rest is up to the oven while you finish what you need to for the day. I love the lemony marinade and tend to make it extra lemony. However, you can use as much or little as you like. I like to use drumsticks because they’re so economical, but chicken thighs would be just as good. Plus, you can use whatever potato you have on hand. The whole family will love it!
Why the family will love it
Soft, creamy potatoes
Tender, juicy Chicken
Bright lemon burst
Comforting warm spices
- Chicken drumsticks -sub thighs, chicken quarters or wings
- Baking potatoes -peeled and sliced into wedges
- Onion -quartered
- Ground black pepper
- Dried oregano
- Ground cumin
- Ground coriander
- Crushed red pepper flakes -optional for heat
- Olive oil -good quality, like the one in our shop from Crete, for the best flavor
- Fresh lemon juice –always use fresh for this
- Garlic cloves -grated or minced
- Garnish: lemon wedges and chopped parsley leaves
How to make Greek Chicken Drumsticks and Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F, 220 °C.
- Place the chicken and potato wedges in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients in a small bowl and pour the marinade over the chicken and potatoes.
- Combine the spices in a bowl and sprinkle over the chicken and potatoes.
- Toss to coat.
- Transfer everything to a sheet pan.
- Place the pan into the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Turn the broiler element on for 5 minutes or until slightly charred.
**Chef’s tip!** For extra flavor, toss the chicken in the marinade and let marinate for 30 minutes before adding the potatoes.
I like the potatoes and chicken to be slightly charred, but be sure to watch the chicken while under the broiler. You’ll want to make sure it’s charred, not burnt. After I pull it out of the oven, I sprinkle the whole tray with fresh parsley and serve it with lemon wedges. To avoid adding one more minute of cooking time, you could serve this with premade or leftover salad or crusty bread. If you have a few minutes while this is in the oven, toast the bread, make some cauliflower rice, or roast some green beans. Let me know how you serve it! Kali Orexi!
Greek Chicken Drumsticks & Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner
- 10-12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 and 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil, or less
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- Garnish: lemon wedges and chopped partly leaves
Preheat the oven to 425 °F, 220 °C.
Place the chicken and potato wedges in a large mixing bowl.
Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl and whisk them together. Pour the marinade over the chicken and potatoes. Combine the spices in a bowl and sprinkle over the chicken and potatoes. Toss to coat. Transfer everything to a sheet pan.
Place the pan into the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes. Turn the broiler element on for 5 minutes or until slightly charred.
Sprinkle with parsley on top and serve with lemon wedges.
Serve alongside toasted bread or Mediterranean Rice Pilaf. Kali Orexi!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Olive Oil- Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil (500ml/15.9 oz)
Traditional Cretan Aprons (heavier fabric)
J.A. Henckels International 31161-201 CLASSIC Chef's Knife, 8 Inch, Black
TEAKHAUS Wood Cutting Board Block I Chopping Board I Wooden Cutting Boards for Kitchen I Large Cutting Board with Handle I Chopping Boards for Kitchen I Thick Cutting Board 107 24x18x1.5
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet, 2-Pack, Silver
Leave a Reply