MEDITERRANEAN RICE PILAF WITH VERMICELLI
- 2 cups medium grain rice or basmati, rinsed and soaked in water for 10 minutes
- 1 cup cut up vermicelli
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock or water
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat olive oil with 2 tablespoons butter over medium- high heat. Add vermicelli and cook constantly tossing until golden brown and toasted. Careful not to burn them.
- Strain rice and add to the pot. Stir to incorporate.
- Add the chicken stock, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and allow the liquid to reduce until it just covers the rice.
- Cover the pot with the lid and reduce heat to a simmer. Allow to cook without uncovering for 15 minutes.
- Toss and fluff with a fork.
Leave a Reply