- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- about 1 cup of strawberry jam or your favorite jam
- 4-5 tablespoons sugar
- Here's another way to make palmiers. I chose to make these strawberry flavored, not only because the sweet fragrant aroma of strawberry jam is delightful, but mainly to hand out as party favors to the guests at my baby shower.
- My baby shower's theme was "High Tea" and what perfect way to thank everyone for attending and for bringing gifts! I placed 2 of these yummy, flaky, beautiful cookies in a cellophane with a tea bag so that my friends & family could enjoy a cup of tea and a flaky cookie the next day.
- Mother's Day is around the corner and they are a perfect treat with a cup of tea or coffee.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle some sugar on your work surface and place the sheet of puff pastry onto it.
- Roll out the puff pastry 1-2 inches on each side.
- Spread the strawberry jam evenly over the pastry sheet.
- Keep rolling the puff pastry toward the center until both sides meet.
- Pinch the tops of both sides together and sprinkle with some more sugar.
- Slice the dough into 1 inch strips and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
FREEZER INSTRUCTIONS: If you are not making these for a party or to give away, you may freeze them for a later use and just bake as many as you will eat. To do this, just follow the above instructions before the baking step. Place all of the sliced and uncooked palmiers on a baking sheet and freeze them until hard. Then place them in a freezer bag and store in the freezer until you are ready to bake them.