- 4.5 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1/4 lemon, zest and juice
- 8 ounces smoked salmon slices
- 8 slices of your favorite whole wheat bread
- Combine the cream cheese and yogurt in a bowl and mix with a spatula or spoon until fluffy and smooth.
- Add the dill, chives, lemon zest and juice and whisk well until incorporated and fluffy.
- With a serrated knife, cut the corners of the bread slices (feed the ends to your chickens or save them for breadcrumbs).
- Spread a layer of the cream cheese filling over each slice of bread.
- Place a slice or two of smoked salmon over 4 of the bread slices. Depending on how your salmon slices are cut.
- Top with the other slice of bread to create a sandwich.
- Slice the sandwich diagonally with a serrated knife to create 2 triangular shaped sandwiches from each sandwich. You will end up with a total of 16 triangles.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator up to one day. To store properly in the refrigerator, place the prepared sandwiches on a tray lined with parchment paper. Cover the sandwiches with a dry paper towel and then on top with a moist paper towel (so that they do not dry out). Wrap the entire tray with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. This is perfect for a brunch or tea party. You can make plenty of these delicious sandwiches the day before your party so that you can be ahead 🙂