- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- a chunk of really good feta cheese (Dodonis sheep's milk feta is my favorite)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- a pinch of dried or fresh dill
- a tablespoon of butter
- slices of tomato for garnish
- In the spirit of Mother's Day, here is another simple yet very flavorful dish to make for your mom for breakfast or brunch. Honestly, it's a go to recipe in our house anytime of the day when I have to prepare something quickly that can satisfy our hunger! These scrambled eggs are great with some toast, in a croissant (for a more decadent meal), in a pita or just as is with some sliced veggies.
- Heat the butter in a non stick skillet over low heat until melted.
- Add the eggs, milk and pepper and stir with a spatula or wooden smooth constantly for a few seconds.
- Crumble the feta cheese into the eggs and continue to stir until the eggs are cooked and still creamy and moist. Do not over cook or your eggs will be tough.
- Sprinkle some dill over the eggs and put on a plate. Place some sliced tomatoes on the side and drizzle them with some olive oil and some salt.
- Serve with your favorite toast or with my delicious smoked salmon tea sandwich 🙂