- 1 cup apricot jam
For the dough:
- ½ pound unsalted butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
For the filling:
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup ground walnuts
- Begin by making the pastry dough. Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth in a tabletop mixer with the paddle attachment. Add the flour and beat just until incorporated.
- Collect all the dough on the counter and form a round ball. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. This dough can be stored in the freezer up to one month.
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F, 180 °C.
- Combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins, and walnuts in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Cut the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Dust your work surface very lightly with flour and roll out each portion of dough into a 9-inch circle. Spread 2 tablespoons of jam onto the dough. Sprinkle ½ cup of the sweet filling over the jam and lightly press down.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, cut the circle into 8 wedges.
- Roll each wedge from the widest part upward to form the shape of a croissant. Place each cookie onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes or until lightly golden. Overbaking these cookies will dry them out.
- Allow to cool completely and serve.