- 1-pound ground beef, 80/20
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2-4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 brioche buns
- Sliced onions, tomatoes, and pickles
For the sauce:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Black pepper, to taste
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine. Set aside.
- Combine ground beef with salt and pepper and mix until just combined taking care not to knead and compact.
- Divide into 2 portions and form into 5-inch round patties or slightly larger than the diameter of the bun. Press the center of the patty down to create an indentation to prevent puffing up when grilling.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Lightly grease the pan with some butter.
- Cook 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Top with cheese slices during the last few minutes of cooking to melt the cheese.
- Toast the buns about 1 minute.
- Place a tablespoon of the sauce over the bottom bun, top with pickles, onion slices, and tomato. Place the cheeseburger over the top and then the top bun.
- Serve with some Greek fries.