This one-skillet Greek chicken dinner is ready in 30 minutes. It’s delicious and the spinach with peppers makes it very nutritious and the perfect busy weeknight meal. Enjoy!
I used boneless skinless chicken breasts to make this dish but, you can substitute chicken thighs for a juicier alternative. This Greek recipe can easily be modified to suit your taste and to use up whatever vegetables you have in your refrigerator.
- Add some baby kale leaves or any frozen veggies
- kalamata olives would be wonderful sprinkled on top
- saute some sliced mushrooms along with the onions for more heartiness
- zucchini, eggplant, and fresh bell peppers can be added too
- diced potatoes go great with spinach
- add some canned beans
I love quick recipes like this one that do not require a grocery trip. The whole meal is made in one skillet, ready in 30 minutes, and is full of fresh and delicious flavor!
Watch the video tutorial here:
Here are some tips:
- Instead of cutting slits into the chicken breasts, cut them in half to end up with 2 thinner chicken cutlets.
- Use chicken thigh meat for a much juicier outcome. You can use boneless or bone-in thighs. The cooking time will increase by 15-20 minutes when using meat with the bones.
- Use a didgital meat thermometer to check the doneness. Once the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 °F, it’s ready. Overcooking chicken breast dries it up. You can buy a digital thermometer here. (affiliate)
Purchase your kitchen essentials using my affiliate links helps support my work without costing you anything extra. Thank you!
Here are some more one-skillet recipes to try:
- Quick & Easy One-Skillet Chicken Souvlaki
- One-Pan Greek Chicken with Spinach Rice
- Cast-Iron Greek Chicken & Potatoes
- Spinach & Feta Stuffed Chicken
One-Skillet Greek Chicken Recipe with Spinach & Peppers
This one-skillet Greek chicken dinner is ready in 30 minutes. It's delicious and the spinach with peppers makes it very nutritious and the perfect busy weeknight meal. Enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- • ¼ cup olive oil
- • ¼ lemon juice
- • 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- • ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- • Salt and pepper, to taste
- • Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2-3 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Cut some slits on the tops of each chicken breast. Do not cut all the way down to the bottom.
Place the chicken in a tray.
Combine all of the marinade ingredients together, whisk and pour on top of the chicken. Toss to coat. Set aside.
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat and place the marinated chicken into the hot pan. Brown 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and reduce the heat to low.
Add the onion to the pan and season with a little salt. Cook until soft and golden. 5-6 minutes.
Add the garlic and warm through until fragrant.
Add the roasted red peppers, the chicken broth, and the spinach. Cook until the spinach wilts.
Add the chicken back into the skillet and crumble the feta on top.
Cook over medium-low heat until the chicken is fully cooked (165 °F).
Serve with pasta, rice, roasted veggies, or a salad. Enjoy!