This one-skillet Greek chicken dinner is ready in 30 minutes. It’s delicious and the spinach with peppers makes it very nutritious and the perfect busy weeknight meal. Enjoy!
I used boneless skinless chicken breasts to make this dish but, you can substitute chicken thighs for a juicier alternative. This Greek recipe can easily be modified to suit your taste and to use up whatever vegetables you have in your refrigerator.
- Add some baby kale leaves or any frozen veggies
- kalamata olives would be wonderful sprinkled on top
- saute some sliced mushrooms along with the onions for more heartiness
- zucchini, eggplant, and fresh bell peppers can be added too
- diced potatoes go great with spinach
- add some canned beans
I love quick recipes like this one that do not require a grocery trip. The whole meal is made in one skillet, ready in 30 minutes, and is full of fresh and delicious flavor!
Watch the video tutorial here:
Here are some tips:
- Instead of cutting slits into the chicken breasts, cut them in half to end up with 2 thinner chicken cutlets.
- Use chicken thigh meat for a much juicier outcome. You can use boneless or bone-in thighs. The cooking time will increase by 15-20 minutes when using meat with the bones.
- Use a didgital meat thermometer to check the doneness. Once the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 °F, it’s ready. Overcooking chicken breast dries it up. You can buy a digital thermometer here. (affiliate)
Purchase your kitchen essentials using my affiliate links helps support my work without costing you anything extra. Thank you!
Here are some more one-skillet recipes to try:
- Quick & Easy One-Skillet Chicken Souvlaki
- One-Pan Greek Chicken with Spinach Rice
- Cast-Iron Greek Chicken & Potatoes
- Spinach & Feta Stuffed Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- • ¼ cup olive oil
- • ¼ lemon juice
- • 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- • ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- • Salt and pepper, to taste
- • Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2-3 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Cut some slits on the tops of each chicken breast. Do not cut all the way down to the bottom.
- Place the chicken in a tray.
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients together, whisk and pour on top of the chicken. Toss to coat. Set aside.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat and place the marinated chicken into the hot pan. Brown 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and reduce the heat to low.
- Add the onion to the pan and season with a little salt. Cook until soft and golden. 5-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and warm through until fragrant.
- Add the roasted red peppers, the chicken broth, and the spinach. Cook until the spinach wilts.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet and crumble the feta on top.
- Cook over medium-low heat until the chicken is fully cooked (165 °F).
- Serve with pasta, rice, roasted veggies, or a salad. Enjoy!