An Easy VEGAN Side ready in 30 minutes!
Watch the Video:
These roasted mini peppers stuffed with olives and herbs make a great vegan side or appetizer. They are great in the summertime when you’re grilling and want a fancy but easy side dish. You can even make them ahead of time and warm them when you’re ready to serve. The filling is fresh and flavorful, and the roasted sweet pepper gets sweeter. I can’t wait for you to try it!
Why you’ll serve these with everything
- Sweet soft peppers
- Fresh herb filling
- Briny olive bite
- A delicious, easy-to-make vegan dish that’s perfect for a side or appetizer!
- Mini bell peppers –any color or combination
- Olive oil –try the new oil in our shop straight from Crete, Greece!
- Scallions –thinly sliced and swirled in a bowl of cold water to release dirt
- Garlic cloves –grated or minced
- Unseasoned breadcrumbs –sub flax meal to keep gluten-free
- Fresh parsley -chopped
- Grape tomatoes –chopped or grated tomatoes
- Pitted Kalamata olives –chopped
- Balsamic Vinegar (topping)
How to make mini peppers stuffed with olives
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F, 220 °C.
- Cut a long slit down the side of each pepper and carefully remove the seeds. (see video)
Make the filling:
- Sauté the scallions and olive oil over medium heat until soft –about 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer them to a mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
- Toss together and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Fill each pepper generously with the filling and place them in a cast-iron pan or a baking dish.
- Drizzle with a few tablespoons of olive oil and roast until tender –about 30 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes, and drizzle balsamic glaze over the peppers.
Because these mini peppers are stuffed with a fresh filling instead of cheese, they can be served as a warm or room temperature appetizer. Your guests will be impressed and enjoy something different from traditional party snacks. I serve these often in the summer as a quick and easy side dish for dinner or guest parties. They are always a hit. Kali Orexi!
More Vegan Recipes:
- Tahini Cake with coconut & Chocolate chunks
- Creamy Vegan White Bean Soup (Fasolada)
- Greek Eggplant Dip
- Artichoke & Pea Stew
- The Best Tahini Brownies
- Mini Olive Pies
- 12 mini bell peppers
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1/2 -3/4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 10-12 grape tomatoes, chopped or 1 tomato, grated
- 12 pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- Balsamic Vinegar (topping)
Preheat the oven to 425 °F, 220 °C.
Cut a long slit down the side of each pepper and carefully remove the seeds. (see video)
Make the filling: Saute the scallions along with the olive oil over medium heat until soft. About 4-5 minutes. Transfer them to a mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss together and taste. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
Fill each pepper generously with the filling and place them in a cast-iron pan or a baking dish. Drizzle with a few tablespoons of olive oil and roast until tender. About 20 minutes.
Drizzle Balsamic glaze over the peppers and serve. Kali Orexi!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, Sterilizer, and Warmer, 8 Quart, 14 One-Touch Programs
J.A. Henckels International 31161-201 CLASSIC Chef's Knife, 8 Inch, Black
TEAKHAUS Wood Cutting Board Block I Chopping Board I Wooden Cutting Boards for Kitchen I Large Cutting Board with Handle I Chopping Boards for Kitchen I Thick Cutting Board 107 24x18x1.5
Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Assist Handle Holder, 12", Red Silicone
Traditional Cretan Aprons (heavier fabric)
Gourmet Dark Balsamic Glaze (250ml/8.5 oz)