Healthy, rich, fudgy brownies you’ll make over and over again!
Watch the Video:
These are the best tahini brownies I’ve ever eaten! They are rich, moist, fudgy, and everything you could want in a brownie. The tahini makes them healthier than traditional brownies, so you’ll be able to enjoy them guilt-free. They can even be made vegan with one simple swap, and you can’t even tell the difference. You’ll never make traditional brownies again!
A new family favorite
- Rich chocolate
- Tahini and Orange notes
- A brownie and fudge smashed together
- Healthier, rich, fudgy brownies that will be your family’s new favorite!
- Light olive oil –or any mild flavor vegetable oil or butter
- Tahini –almond butter or peanut butter are great substitutes
- Dark or semi-sweet chocolate –baking chocolate works best
- Eggs –at room temperature
- Granulated sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon -to balance the flavor
- Orange juice -compliments the tahini flavor
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder -sweetened would make the brownies too sweet
- Baking powder
- Chocolate chunks or chips
- Optional: Add a half teaspoon of instant espresso powder to the chocolate mixture to deepen the flavor.
Keep it vegan!
This brownie recipe can easily be made vegan. If you’re vegan or out of eggs, combine a half cup of water with four tablespoons of ground flax seeds. Plus, increase the amount of baking powder to a teaspoon for the flour mixture. It will give the brownies a little more rising power.
Be sure to use baking chocolate or chocolate callets for this recipe because they melt much better than chocolate chips. You can use any combination of chocolate, but I like to use both semi-sweet and bittersweet for depth of flavor. Use what you have or your favorite combination.
How to make the Best Tahini Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F, 180 °C.
- Line an 8-inch (20 cm) square pan with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper side that will hold the brownie batter.
- Combine the chocolate and oil in a heat-proof bowl and melt the chocolate over a double-boiler or in the microwave.
- Whisk the tahini into the melted chocolate and set it aside to cool.
- Combine the eggs with the sugar in a large bowl and whisk until thick and pale –about 5 minutes by hand or 3-4 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add the vanilla, orange juice and cinnamon and whisk together.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, and baking powder.
- Whisk the chocolate tahini mixture into the egg mixture until incorporated.
- Then, add the flour mixture in 2 batches until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with the chocolate chunks or chips.
- Bake on the center rack of your oven for about 35 minutes. The center will still be very moist.
- Allow the brownies to come to room temperature and then refrigerate them until completely set and chilled –about 3-4 hours.
These are not the type of brownies you use a toothpick to check for doneness. Putting them in the refrigerator allows them to completely set and keeps them extra fudgy. I suggest you leave them in the fridge overnight because the colder they are, the more fudge-like they are. Now, I don’t need to tell you how to eat a brownie because I’m sure you eat them like we do… as a dessert, snack, or meal replacement. Ha! I laugh because I know we’ve all done it. Whether you eat brownies with a hot cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk, these brownies will become your favorite. Kali Orexi!
Try another chocolatey dessert!
- Moist Chocolate Layer Cake
- Mosaiko: No-Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake
- Chocolate Hazelnut Baklava Pie
- Vegan Chocolate & Pistachio Biscotti: Greek Paximadia
- Chocolate Covered Melomakarona: Greek Honey Cookies
- 4 tablespoons light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 6 oz (170g) tahini
- 7 oz dark or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup (90g) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons (20g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Chocolate chunks or chips (about 1/2 cup or more)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F, 180 °C.
- Line an 8-inch (20 cm) square pan 2ith parcnment paper. Grease the parchment paper side that will come in contact with the brownie batter.
- Combine the chocolate and the oil in a heat-proof bowl and melt the chocolate over a double-boiler or in the microwave.
- Add the tahini to the melted chocolate, whisk together and set aside to cool.
- Combine the eggs with the sugar in a large bowl and whisk until thick and pale. About 5 minutes by hand or 3-4 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add the vanilla, orange juice, and cinnamon and whisk together.
- Ina small bowl combine the flour, cocoa, and baking powder. whisk together.
- Add the chocolate tahini mixture to the egg mixture and whisk together until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 batches and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Top with the chocolate chunks or chips.
- Bake on the center rack for about 35 minutes. The center will still be very moist.
- Allow the brownies to come to room temperature and then refrigerate them until completely set and chilled. About 3-4 hours.
- Serve with coffee. Kali Orexi!
Vegan substitute for th eggs: 4 tablespoons ground flax seeds plus 1/2 cup (125 ml) water. Also, add a teaspoon of baking powder to the flour mixture instead of the half teaspoon.
Chocolate: Use baking chocolate or chocolate callets because they melt much better than chocolate chips. A combination of chocolate can be used. I like to use both semi-sweet and bittersweet for depth of flavor.
Add a half teaspoon of instant espresso powder to the chocolate mixture to deepen the flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
365 by Whole Foods Market, Tahini Organic, 16 Ounce
Soom Foods Single-Source Pure Ground Organic Sesame Tahini Paste 16oz (2 Pack) | Silky Smooth Texture in Hummus, Dips, Salad Dressings | Vegan, Nut-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Keto, Paleo, Plant Based, Kosher, Organic
E Guittard Cocoa Powder, Unsweetened Rouge Red Dutch Process Cocoa, 8oz Can
Traditional Cretan Aprons (heavier fabric)