A delicious light lemony fish dinner for busy weeknights or an elegant dinner party!
Watch the Video:
Lavraki is the Greek word for Sea Bass, and this Greek-style roasted Mediterranean Sea bass is delicious. It’s a light fish you can make for your family on a busy weeknight but elegant enough for a dinner party. I keep it super simple by not even stuffing the fish with lemon slices because I think the lemon rinds leave a bitter taste. I prefer to serve my sea bass with a fresh and light ladolemono dressing. It’s where all of the delicious lemon flavors come from. You’ll have it on the table in no time, and everyone will love it!
This will become a regular
- Soft, flaky Sea Bass
- Light, fresh lemony sauce
- Crispy creamy potatoes
- A quick and easy light lemony sea bass dinner fit for a busy weeknight or an elegant dinner party!
Just a few ingredients
- Mediterranean Sea Bass -also known as branzino
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice -freshly squeezed
- Olive oil -try the one in our shop made from olives from my family’s trees
- Dried oregano
- Garlic cloves -grated or minced
- Mustard -optional, but will help emulsify and keep the dressing from separating
Sea Bass is a soft white fish that may be called branzino in your grocery store. Any white fish would make a good substitute if you can’t find it. Try sea bream, swordfish, red snapper, or grouper. Let me know which is your favorite!
How to make Lavraki: Greek-Style Roasted Mediterranean Sea Bass
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F, 200 °C.
- Cut slits on the exterior of the fish on both sides.
- Drizzle olive oil on top and inside the fish and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish on a baking tray lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Place all of the ladolemono dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until creamy and emulsified.
I put the fish on a plate, open it up, and pour the lemony dressing right over the top. I believe the more, the better, but use as much as you like. You can even serve the dressing alongside the fish. I make sure to have hearty crusty bread to soak up every drop of the sauce and my favorite lemony roasted potatoes on the side. Try sautéed greens or a fresh salad with extra ladolemono dressing for a light veggie side. Let me know what you serve alongside the fish to your favorite people. Kali Orexi!
My favorite side dish for Lavraki
I love to serve my sea bass with lemony roasted potatoes. They are just as easy to make as the fish and cook in even less time. Place some potatoes in the pressure cooker covered with salted water and cook for six minutes. Drain the water from the potatoes, cut them into chunky cubes, and put them in a big bowl with olive oil and as much fresh lemon juice as you like. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat the potatoes. Transfer them into an air fryer basket and roast them at 400 for 15 minutes. They’ll be crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside, and have fresh lemon flavor. If you don’t have an air fryer, put them in the oven at 400 for 20-30 minutes or until nice and crispy.
More delicious fish
- Greek Fisherman’s Soup: Kakavia
- PSARI PLAKI: ROASTED FISH WITH ONIONS & TOMATOES
- COD FISH IN A LEMON BUTTER SAUCE (30 MIN. MEAL) SERVED WITH GREEN PEAS AND WHITE RICE
- Lemony Cod & Potato Stew
- Tuna Patties (cakes) Recipe
- 2 pounds Mediterranean Sea Bass
- salt, to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- olive oil
For the Ladolemono dressing:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 teaspoon mustard (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400 °F, 200 °C.
Cut slits on the exterior of the fish (both sides).
Drizzle olive oil on top and inside the fish and season with salt and pepper.
Place the fish on a baking tray lined with foil or parchment paper.
Roast for 20 minutes.
Place all of the ladolemono dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until creamy and emulsified.
Serve the dressing alongside the fish along with bread and lemon wedges. Kali Orexi!.
Fish Substitutes: sea bream, swordfish, red snapper, or grouper.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
J.A. Henckels International 31161-201 CLASSIC Chef's Knife, 8 Inch, Black
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Quarter Sheet, 2-Pack
COSORI ProII Air Fryer Oven Combo, 5.8QT Max Xl Large Cooker with 12 One-Touch Saveable Custom Functions, Cookbook and Oneline Recipes, Nonstick and Dishwasher-Safe Detachable Square Basket
Traditional Cretan Aprons (heavier fabric)
Olive Oil- Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil (500ml/15.9 oz)