A delicious 30-Minute Meal that the entire family will love. Cod cooked in a lemon butter sauce served with Basmati rice and green peas. Simple enough to serve on a busy weeknight yet elegant enough for a dinner party.
COD FISH IN A LEMON BUTTER SAUCE (30 MIN. MEAL) SERVED WITH GREEN PEAS AND WHITE RICE
- 2 (6 ounces) portions of codfish
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or more
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3-4 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers
- A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
FOR THE GREEN PEAS:
- 1 (1 pound) bag frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
FOR THE WHITE RICE:
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- Begin by cooking the rice in a rice cooker following the machine’s instruction manual. Place the frozen green peas in a pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Stir while cooking until warmed through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and dredge both sides with flour.
- Heat a pan and add oil.
- Place fish in hot pan and over medium high heat cook 5 minutes on each side. Do not try to flip the fish before 5 minutes. The fish will release from the pan and will flip easily once it is cooked on the first side. It will also develop a beautiful golden-brown color. If the heat is too high and the fish browns too fast reduce the heat.
- Sear the sides of the fish 30 seconds each.
- Place the cooked fish on a plate and prepare the sauce.
- Turn the heat off from under the pan.
- Grate the garlic cloves into the pan and add chicken broth.
- Cook over high heat until the broth is reduced by half.
- Add lemon juice, butter, capers, crushed red pepper flakes, and chopped red pepper.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add fish to the pan with the sauce and warm through.
- Serve immediately with the rice and green peas.
Leave a Reply