ARTICHOKE & FETA RISOTTO
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 9 ounces marinated (jarred) artichoke hearts
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Simmer broth in a saucepan. It must be very hot when added to the rice.
- Cook onions with olive oil in a shallow saucepan until soft and translucent.
- Grate garlic cloves in the pan and immediately add the rice. Grated garlic can burn if exposed to heat for longer than a few seconds.
- Cook the rice over medium heat about 3 minutes or until translucent around the edges.
- Season lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add 3 cups of the hot broth to the pan and simmer stirring every few minutes until liquid is absorbed. About 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of hot broth and stir while cooking until absorbed.
- Continue to add hot broth while stirring, then absorbed, until the rice is cooked aldente.
- Remove from heat, stir in artichokes to warm through.
- Fold in butter, lemon juice, and dill.
- Add a little more broth to loosen the texture a bit.
- Serve immediately topped with feta cheese. Enjoy!
There will be leftover broth once the risotto is ready. It is better to warm up extra than to run out of hot liquid while making this dish. The leftover broth can be stored in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply