- 6 slices tsoureki bread, 1 inch thick
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- ground cinnamon, to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- Greek honey, maple syrup, or confectioner's sugar and some fresh fruit
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a 10 inch round deep dish pie plate. Whisk well to break up the eggs and combine.
- Add milk, cream, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Whisk well.
- Dip 3 slices of tsoureki into the custard. Pierce the slices with a fork so that the custard really soaks in.
- Place a cast iron skillet over medium-low heat.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in the skillet and place the soaked tsoureki slices in the pan.
- Cook about 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Repeat the same steps with the remaining 3 pieces of tsoureki.
- Serve with fresh fruit and topped with maple syrup or Greek honey.