Roast them for 15 minutes more and just like that, they’re READY!
- 9 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons (about 1/2 cup) never use that juice that comes in a bottle!
- approx. 1 and 1/2 - 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (I like a large pinch)
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- I always make these to accompany roast chicken. If I don't, my children think that the sky must be falling... They are the perfect side to any main course: roast beef, grilled chicken, shrimp, you get it, right? So simple to make, it's unbelievable.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Place your potato wedges in a half sheet pan. Pour the lemon juice and olive oil over them.
- Add plenty of salt. My recipe calls for about two teaspoons, but depending on how big or small your potatoes are, that can change. We like our potatoes salted well, it really brings all the flavors together nicely.
- Season the potatoes with the rest of the ingredients and mix everything well with your impeccably clean hands 😉 Just go crazy! Make sure that they are all covered with LOVE, I mean seasoning.
- Roast the potatoes for about 30 minutes. Remove them form the oven and turn them so that all sides can cook and crunch up evenly. Ok, so some will definitely be crunchier than others....
- Wait! Stop! If you're anything like me, slap your hand to keep from eating the crunchiest ones. Remember, the best part of making these is getting compliments and kisses about how delicious they are, right? Ok, go ahead you earned it, eat the two crunchiest wedges. Squeeze some more lemon over them 😉
- Yes, I really did have a chicken roasting in the oven, two of them! Really yummy.
- Now, go ahead and make yours too 😉
- Hugs & Kisses,