A quick and easy recipe that’s great served as a side dish to any meat, over salad, or made larger as a veggie burger. These patties are loaded with flavor and ready in 30 minutes!
- 8 ounces couscous
- 10 ounces broth broth or water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup spinach leaves, cooked
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano, or to taste
- ¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¼ cup all-purpose
- 1 (7 ounces) can tuna fish, drained
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Lemon wedges
- Tzatziki sauce
- Combine the olive oil along with the chopped onions in a saucepan and cook over medium-heat until soft and golden. About 8-10 minutes.
- Bring the broth or water to a boil. Place the couscous in a large mixing bowl, season with some salt and pepper, pour the hot liquid on top and set it aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and bell pepper to the onions and season with salt, pepper, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes. Add the grated garlic, mix well and cook over medium heat until the vegetables soften. About 5-7 minutes.
- Add the scallions to the pan and mix to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes so that the scallions wilt and soften a bit.
- Add all of the veggies to the couscous along with the herbs and mix well until everything is evenly incorporated. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Add the crumbled feta and the tuna fish (if using) and mix well.
- Add the eggs along with the flour and mix until everything is combined.
- Fill a ¼ cup measuring cup with the couscous filling and form the patties into rounds. They can also be turned into meatballs.
- Add some vegetable oil to a cast-iron skillet and cook the patties over medium heat 3-4 minutes per side or until golden.
- Drain the cooked patties on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve them with tzatziki and lemon wedges. Enjoy!