One of my favorites is perfect as an appetizer or side to any main course!
Watch the Video:
These cauliflower cakes, aka cauliflower patties, are so easy to make and really delicious to eat! Cauliflower is my favorite vegetable, so I’m excited to show you one of my favorite ways to eat it. The cakes are light, veggie-forward, crispy, and have bits of gooey cheese. I prefer to pan-fry them for maximum crispiness and stringy cheese. However, you can cook them in the air fryer or oven. I serve these with a super fresh Lebanese cucumber yogurt sauce that you’ll end up dipping so many other things in. I can’t wait for you to try it!
Cauliflower will be your favorite veggie too!
- Sweet, nutty cauliflower
- Oniony scallions
- Creamy, gooey cheese
- Crispy exterior
- Fresh and cool cucumber mint sauce
- An easy, crispy, creamy, light cauliflower cake with cool cucumber yogurt sauce!
Everything you need
- Cauliflower –broken into florets
- Scallions –thinly sliced and swirled in a bowl of cool water to release any dirt
- Fresh parsley –substitute mint, dill, basil, or your favorite combination
- Garlic cloves –grated
- Unseasoned bread crumbs –substitute gluten-free breadcrumbs or your favorite
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Feta cheese –crumbled from a block to avoid over-salty pre-crumbles
- Crushed red pepper flakes –for a bit of heat
- Cracked black pepper
- Lemon juice –fresh and never from a bottle
- Eggs –beaten
- Olive oil –or vegetable oil for frying
Mint cucumber sauce:
- English cucumber –or Persian cucumber peeled and diced
- Finely chopped fresh mint
- Garlic clove –grated or minced
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Plain yogurt –or Greek for a thicker sauce
How to make cauliflower cakes/patties
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the cauliflower florets and two teaspoons salt.
- Boil the cauliflower until fork tender –about 7-10 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower and place the florets in a large bowl.
- Mash them and set them aside to cool.
Make the Sauce
- Stir together all of the sauce’s ingredients in a mixing bowl and taste to adjust the seasoning if needed.
The cakes /patties
- Add the remaining cauliflower cake ingredients to the bowl with mashed cauliflower and stir together. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- If the mixture is too dry, add another egg. If the mix is too wet, add a few more breadcrumbs.
- Take 1/3 cup of the cauliflower mixture at a time to form the patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil to the pan.
- Fry the cauliflower patties for about 3 minutes per side or until golden.
- Then, place the patties on a tray lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
Air fryer Instructions
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 °F.
- Grease the basket with olive oil or avocado oil cooking spray.
- Place four patties into the basket and spray them with cooking spray or brush them with olive oil.
- Air fry the patties for 5-6 minutes per side.
Form the cauliflower patties and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Then, place the tray in the freezer until the cakes are solid. Transfer the patties to freezer-safe bags or a container and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to eat them, thaw the patties and cook as per the recipe’s instructions.
I could eat these cakes all day long as a snack and then as a side for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They are so delicious! The yogurt cucumber sauce is so fresh and has a similar flavor to tzatziki without the shredding. It’s the perfect accompaniment to the cauliflower cakes. If you prefer tzatziki, or have that on hand, it would be a great substitute. Just be ready to fight over these with your family. Kali Orexi!
More cakes and patties
- Tuna Patties (cakes) Recipe
- COUSCOUS VEGGIE PATTIES
- chicken patties
- greek vegan patties
- Revithokeftedes: Greek-Style Chickpea Patties
These cauliflower patties are so eay to make and delicious to eat. Perfect as an appetizer or side to any main course.
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 4-6 scallions, thinly sliced
- about 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 and 1/2 cups unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper or to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 eggs, beaten
- olive oil or vegetable oil for frying
For the Sauce:
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- salt, to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 32 oz plain yogurt
Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the cauliflowr florets along with 2 teaspoons of salt. Boil the cauliflower until fork tender. About 7-10 minutes.
Drain the cauliflower and place the florets in a large bowl. Mash them and set aside to cool.
Make the Sauce: Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a mixing bowl and mox together. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
Add all of the remaining cauliflower cake ingredients to the large bowl and mix together. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
If the mixture is too dry, add another egg. If the mixture is too wet, add a little more breadcrumbs.
Take 1/3 cup of the cauliflower mixture and form the patties.
Pan-fried instructions: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil to the pan. Fry the cauliflower patties for about 3 minutes per side or until golden. Place the patties on a tray lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil. Serve with the sauce.
Air fryer Instructions: Preheat the air fryer to 375 °F. Grease the basket with olive oil or avocado oil cooking spray. Place 4 patties into the basket and spray them with cooking spray or brush with olive oil. Air fry the patties for 5-6 minutes per side. Serve!
Freezer Instructions: Form the patties and place on a baking tray that is lined with parchment paper. Chill in the freezer until solid. Transfer the patties to freezer-safe bags or a container and store in the freezer up to 3 months. Thaw the patties and cook as per the recipe's instructions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Traditional Cretan Aprons (heavier fabric)
Olive Oil- Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil (500ml/15.9 oz)
Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Assist Handle Holder, 12", Red Silicone
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, Sterilizer, and Warmer, 8 Quart, 14 One-Touch Programs
COSORI ProII Air Fryer Oven Combo, 5.8QT Max Xl Large Cooker with 12 One-Touch Saveable Custom Functions, Cookbook and Oneline Recipes, Nonstick and Dishwasher-Safe Detachable Square Basket
Leave a Reply