Yield: 14-15 cupcakes
- 1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 pound softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 recipe Vanilla Buttercream
- Homemade Nutella
- Chocolate ganache
- I had the best time making these with my youngest son and his friends! Have fun making and sharing them with your special family and friends.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
- In a table top mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add salt and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the egg one at a time, beating well after each addition, then add the yogurt and beat well.
- Sift the flour, cornstarch and baking powder together over a bowl. Add this flour mixture in three additions, beating until just combined. Do not overmix or the cupcakes will not be light and airy!!
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the cupcakes are lightly golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Transfer cupcakes onto a wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Frost the cupcakes with vanilla buttercream and decorate with your favorite toppings.
Leave a Reply