- Makes 12 cinnamon rolls:
- 1 recipe homemade brioche dough
- 4 ounces butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- raisins, walnuts or pecans are an optional addition
- Icing glaze:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoons milk or cream
On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a 15x9 inch rectangle.
Combine all of the filling ingredients well.
Spread the filling all over the surface of dough with your fingers or with an offset spatula.
Roll up the dough beginning at the long side. Pinch the edges to seal.
Cut into 12 equal slices.
Place the slices in a 9x13 inch baking pan and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 45 minutes till 1 hour until doubled in size.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Remove plastic wrap and place in oven. Reduce temperature immediately to 350 degrees and bake for30 minutes.
To make the icing, combine the butter with cream cheese and beat with a mixer or by hand with a fork.
Add the vanilla extract and the sugar a little bit at a time until well combined. Add the milk a tablespoon at a time until the icing is smooth and at a spreadable consistency.
As soon as the cinnamon rolls come out of the oven spread the icing all over them. Make sure to get the icing in the edges too.
Let them rest at least 45 minutes to set.
Serve with a nice hot cup of tea or coffee.