Yield: 12 cinnamon rolls
- 4 ounces butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- raisins, walnuts or pecans are an optional addition
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoons milk or cream
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a 15x9 inch rectangle.
- Combine all of the filling ingredients well.
- Spread the filling all over the surface of dough with your fingers or with an offset spatula.
- Roll up the dough beginning at the long side. Pinch the edges to seal.
- Cut into 12 equal slices.
- Place the slices in a 9x13 inch baking pan and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 45 minutes till 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove plastic wrap and place in oven. Reduce temperature immediately to 350 degrees and bake for30 minutes.
- To make the icing, combine the butter with cream cheese and beat with a mixer or by hand with a fork.
- Add the vanilla extract and the sugar a little bit at a time until well combined. Add the milk a tablespoon at a time until the icing is smooth and at a spreadable consistency.
- As soon as the cinnamon rolls come out of the oven spread the icing all over them. Make sure to get the icing in the edges too.
- Let them rest at least 45 minutes to set.
- Serve with a nice hot cup of tea or coffee.
Leave a Reply