SPICY POTATO STIR FRY (PAKISTANI STYLE)
- 4-5 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Cook the sliced onion in the oil, over medium-low heat, for about 15 minutes or until soft and golden.
- Add the cumin seeds and cook over high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the potato slices, turmeric, about 1 teaspoon salt, water, and the crushed red pepper flakes.
- Mix well and cover the pot.
- Cook over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and mix the potatoes to make sure that they are not sticking to the bottom of pan.
- Cover and cook until potatoes become tender, about 15 minutes.
- Taste and season with more salt if needed.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve!
- This dish is lovely on its own but fabulous as a side dish as well.
- I love to eat these potatoes in the morning with eggs.
Leave a Reply