- Serves 4:
- 4-5 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- chopped parsley for garnish
Cook the sliced onion in the oil, over medium-low heat, for about 15 minutes or until soft and golden.
Add the cumin seeds and cook over high heat for 30 seconds.
Add the potato slices, turmeric, about 1 teaspoon salt, water, and the crushed red pepper flakes. Mix well and cover the pot. Cook over high heat for 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to low and mix the potatoes to make sure that they are not sticking to the bottom of pan. Cover and cook until potatoes become tender, about 15 minutes.
Taste and season with more salt if needed.
Garnish with chopped parsley and serve!
This dish is lovely on its own but fabulous as a side dish as well. I love to eat these potatoes in the morning with eggs.