TARAMOSALATA: FISH ROE DIP
- 1/2 cup taramas (carp roe)
- 3-4 slices bread, soaked in 1 cup water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil plus more for cooking onions and garlic
- chopped parsley, olives, and toasted pita
- Combine onion and garlic cloves with a few tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Cook over medium heat about 15 minutes or until onion and garlic become soft and golden. Allow to cool.
- Place cooked onion and garlic in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Squeeze as much water from the soaked bread as possible.
- Add the bread to the processor and puree until smooth.
- Add the taramas with the lemon juice and blend.
- While the food processor is on, stream in the olive oil and puree until the dip is smooth and thick.
- This dip tasted best cold.
- Serve with chopped vegetables or pita bread for dipping.
Leave a Reply