- 3 Russet potatoes, about 1 and 1/4 pounds, peeled and cut into equal pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried oregano for garnish
- Bring water in a medium sized saucepan to a boil. Add potatoes and boil until fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes completely.
- Add the minced garlic to the potatoes and mash them together while still hot.
- Add the olive oil and lemon juice and keep mashing.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix well until combined.
- Put the skordalia in a serving bowl and garnish with dried crushed oregano or with your favorite herbs.
- Serve with vegetable slices, toasted bread or as a side to any meat or fish.