- Serves 4-6:
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- salt, to taste
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- black pepper to taste
- grated parmesan for garnish
Wash shrimp and pat completely dry with paper towels.
Heat oil over medium high heat. Sauté shrimp 1 minute on each side. Do this in 2 batches as to not over crowd the pan.
Place cooked shrimp in a plate and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium low and add butter with garlic. Cook garlic just until golden. About 1-2 minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
Add lemon juice and increase heat to high.
Place shrimp back into the pan and season with salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes.
Cook over high heat until sauce reduces and shrimp are fully cooked.
Remove from heat and stir the chopped parsley into the shrimp. Mix well.
Serve with your favorite pasta or with my delicious Mediterranean Rice Pilaf.