- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- salt, to taste
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- black pepper to taste
- grated parmesan for garnish
- Wash shrimp and pat completely dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Sauté shrimp 1 minute on each side. Do this in 2 batches as to not over crowd the pan.
- Place cooked shrimp in a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add butter with garlic. Cook garlic just until golden. About 1-2 minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add lemon juice and increase heat to high.
- Place shrimp back into the pan and season with salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Cook over high heat until sauce reduces and shrimp are fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and stir the chopped parsley into the shrimp. Mix well.
- Serve with your favorite pasta or with my delicious Mediterranean Rice Pilaf.
Leave a Reply