- Serves 3-4:
- 1 (2-2 ¼ lb.) red snapper, cleaned and butterflied
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely sliced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (NEVER substitute the juice that comes in a bottle)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, 204 degrees Celsius.
Wash and pat dry fish.
Line a baking dish with foil.
Place sliced onions on foil and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Place fish over onions. Cut 3-4 slits on both sides of fish.
Combine the dressing ingredients and whisk until incorporated.
Pour the marinade over the fish and rub all over.
Season fish with salt and pepper to your liking.
Roast in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
This fish can be served with any of your favorite sides. Spanakorizo (Spinach Rice Pilaf), Brussel Sprouts, Mediterranean Rice, Lemony Roasted Potatoes…
Make another batch of the lemony dressing to pour over the cooked fish. Serve with some warm toasty bread.