- 1 (2-2 ¼ lb.) red snapper, cleaned and butterflied
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely sliced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (NEVER substitute the juice that comes in a bottle)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, 204 degrees Celsius.
- Wash and pat dry fish.
- Line a baking dish with foil.
- Place sliced onions on foil and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place fish over onions. Cut 3-4 slits on both sides of fish.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and whisk until incorporated.
- Pour the marinade over the fish and rub all over.
- Season fish with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Roast in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- This fish can be served with any of your favorite sides. Spanakorizo (Spinach Rice Pilaf), Brussel Sprouts, Mediterranean Rice, Lemony Roasted Potatoes…
- Make another batch of the lemony dressing to pour over the cooked fish. Serve with some warm toasty bread.