Yield: 20 Cookies
- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- These are beautiful little heart-shaped cookies. Easy to make. You've got to give them a try!!!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the sugar, salt, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Spread some of the sugar on your counter and place the defrosted puff pastry over it.
- Roll out the puff pastry 1-2 inches on each side.
- Evenly spread the sugar mixture all over the top of the puff pastry. Press it down with the rolling pin.
- Keep rolling the puff pastry toward the center until both sides meet.
- Pinch the tops of both sides together and sprinkle with some more sugar.
- Slice the dough into 1-inch strips and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle more sugar mixture over the cookies.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the sugar has caramelized and turned a beautiful golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Serve with hot tea or coffee. Enjoy!!
Leave a Reply