- 1 Cauliflower heart, washed and separated into
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 carrots, washed and dried
- Dried oregano
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- My favorite way to eat veggies is to roast them! Roasting really brings out their delicious sweetness and concentrates the flavor. You can roast any vegetable combination. Make sure to incorporate onions and garlic in there. They're super delicious!
- This roasted vegetable combination is the same exact one that I use in my Creamy Cauliflower Soup recipe:
- I love adding cherry tomatoes and even sliced beets. The color combo is beautiful. This dish is so versatile. It makes a delicious side, puree to make a yummy soup or use it as the base for a delicious chicken pot pie. (that recipe is coming very soon!)
- There are certain dishes that when I'm making them I always double the recipe and make an extra batch for the freezer. I love doing that. It takes the same amount of time to cook and just a few more minutes to chop up, so why not have an emergency batch of goodness for those hectic days when you really don't have any time to prepare a yummy meal? This freezes beautifully. Just let it cool down to room temperature and either wrap the entire baking pan with plastic wrap or put the roasted veggies in a freezer bag.
- First preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop one head of cauliflower or separate the florets and place on a half sheet baking pan along with one medium chopped onion, 4 whole cloves of garlic, one medium or large chopped potato and the carrots.
- Drizzle 1/2 a cup of olive oil over the veggies, and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Mix well to incorporate
- Roast the veggies for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning them halfway through cooking. Cooking time may vary. Sometimes they need to cook longer, so keep an eye and check to see when the veggies are nice and tender. They will get golden brown around the edges of the tray.
Leave a Reply