GREEK-STYLE ROASTED POTATO SPIRAL
- 4 pounds Russet potatoes
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into half-moons
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4-6 ounces feta cheese
For the Vinaigrette:
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 5-6 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- fresh rosemary, sliced scallions, parsley, or oregano
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, 190°C.
- Using a sharp knife or a mandolin, thinly slice the potatoes. You may slice them with their skin on or peel them before slicing.
- Arrange the slices in a round baking dish or a cast iron skillet, in a circular pattern to form a spiral.
- Place the onion slices between some of the potato slices.
- Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Sprinkle with a generous amount of salt (about 1 tablespoon) and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the potatoes or use a brush to coat them with it.
- Roast in the center rack of the oven, uncovered for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and crumble the feta cheese over the potatoes to fill the nooks and crannies.
- Roast for an additional 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender on the inside and crisp on top.
- Garnish with your favorite herbs and serve. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply