For the Roasted Potatoes:
- 6 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- finely chopped scallions for garnish
For the Wrap:
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 medium sized tortillas or 1 large
- This recipe makes 2 small wraps or 1 big one. It depends on the size of the tortilla. The potato recipe feeds about 4-5 people. In my home however, 2 can finish the tray as soon as it comes out of the oven...
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place chopped potatoes on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle the salt, peppers and oregano and mix well to coat. Spread the potatoes on the tray and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, salt and pepper with a whisk until fluffy.
- Over medium heat, butter a frying pan generously. Pour egg mixture in the pan and cook the omelet.
- Place the omelet on a plate and put the slices of cheese on top. Fold over so the cheese melts.
- Warm the tortillas in the pan slightly.
- Cut the omelet into two pieces if making 2 wraps.
- Place one half of the omelet in the center of a warm tortilla. Put 3 slices of avocado, 1 dollop of sour cream and some salsa over the omelet. Roll the tortilla up and repeat the same steps with the second tortilla.
- Serve with the potatoes on the side. Garnish the potatoes with some finely chopped scallions.