STRAWBERRIES FILLED WITH WHIPPED CREAM OVER BELGIAN CHOCOLATE
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, very cold
- 2-3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 strawberries
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, or more
- splash of vanilla extract
- Place chocolate, butter and cream in a heat proof bowl over simmering water. Do not let the hot water touch the bowl. Melt the chocolate and then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Note: If you prefer a thinner chocolate sauce add more hot heavy whipping cream until it reaches your preferred consistency.
- Combine the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla in a bowl in whip with a big whisk or in a mixer over high speed until it thickens. Using a rubber spatula, scoop the mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip.
- Prepare the strawberries by slicing off the green stems. Place them on a platter and slice an "X" cutting almost to the bottom.
- Gently spread each strawberry apart and fill with the cream.
- Spread the melted chocolate on a plate and place the filled berries on top. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply