A delicious salad loaded with robust Greek flavors that comes together in 15 minutes. Eat this as a hearty vegetarian meal or top it with some juicy grilled chicken and pack it in your lunchbox! Quick, easy, healthy, and delicious!
Feel free to make this gluten-free by substituting quinoa for the couscous. There are so many delicious additions that can make this salad even better:
- toasted nuts (pine nuts, walnuts, pecans…)
- roasted or steamed asparagus
- boiled eggs
- pickled vegetables
- tuna fish
Purchase your kitchen essentials using my affiliate links to support my work without any additional cost to you. Thank you!
Couscous Greek Salad
Summertime in a salad. This hearty dish comes together in 15 minutes and is so flavorful that you will be happy to serve it as a main course.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 and ¼ cup broth (chicken or vegetable)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- For the salad:
- • 1-pint grape tomatoes, halved
- • 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- • Bell pepper, diced
- • ¼ of a small red onion, finely chopped
- • 5-6 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- • 4-6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- • 1 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
- • Optional: cooked chickpeas, beans, avocado slices
- For the dressing:
- • ¼ cup good olive oil
- • 1/8 cup red wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- • Pinch of salt
- • Optional: 1 garlic clove, grated
Prepare the couscous:
• Place the couscous in a large bowl.
• Bring the broth to a boil and pour over the couscous.
• Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
• Cover with a plate and set aside for 5 minutes
Make the salad:
• Chop all the salad vegetables and place in a large mixing bowl. Season lightly with salt.
• Crumble the feta over top and add the dried oregano with the olives and mix well to combine.
• Whisk together the marinade ingredients and pour over the salad. Mix it all together.
Fluff the couscous with a fork and taste. Adjust seasoning if needed.
Place the couscous in a serving plate or bowl. Pour the salad over the top and serve.
This salad is flavorful enough to eat on its own or alongside grilled chicken or fish. Enjoy!