A delicious salad loaded with robust Greek flavors that comes together in 15 minutes. Eat this as a hearty vegetarian meal or top it with some juicy grilled chicken and pack it in your lunchbox! Quick, easy, healthy, and delicious!
Feel free to make this gluten-free by substituting quinoa for the couscous. There are so many delicious additions that can make this salad even better:
- toasted nuts (pine nuts, walnuts, pecans…)
- roasted or steamed asparagus
- boiled eggs
- pickled vegetables
- tuna fish
Purchase your kitchen essentials using my affiliate links to support my work without any additional cost to you. Thank you!
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 and ¼ cup broth (chicken or vegetable)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 1-pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- Bell pepper, diced
- ¼ of a small red onion, finely chopped
- 5-6 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 4-6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
- Optional: cooked chickpeas, beans, avocado slices
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup good olive oil
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: 1 garlic clove, grated
- Prepare the couscous:
- • Place the couscous in a large bowl.
- • Bring the broth to a boil and pour over the couscous.
- • Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- • Cover with a plate and set aside for 5 minutes
- Make the salad:
- • Chop all the salad vegetables and place in a large mixing bowl. Season lightly with salt.
- • Crumble the feta over top and add the dried oregano with the olives and mix well to combine.
- • Whisk together the marinade ingredients and pour over the salad. Mix it all together.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and taste. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Place the couscous in a serving plate or bowl. Pour the salad over the top and serve.
- This salad is flavorful enough to eat on its own or alongside grilled chicken or fish. Enjoy!