- Serves 4-5:
- 5 medium sized ripe avocados
- 1/2 a small red onion, finely chopped
- about 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- a handful of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- juice of 4-5 limes
- a couple tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
While this is not something I at as a kid, growing up (not a Greek Recipe) I love it!!! It's super healthy, fresh and easy to make.
Honestly, I love eating it with a spoon, but it goes really nice with some grilled fish or chicken or with some crunchy tortilla chips. I like this chunky version way better than the mushy variety. It has so much more character! Give it a try and let me know what you think 😉
Cut the avocados in half and carefully remove the pit. Carefully slice the flesh of the avocado into cubes and place into a large bowl.
Add the chopped onion, cilantro, tomatoes, jalapeno and garlic.
Pour the lime juice and the olive oil over the salad and mix well.
Add salt and pepper to taste and serve!