- 5 medium sized ripe avocados
- 1/2 a small red onion, finely chopped
- about 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- a handful of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- juice of 4-5 limes
- a couple tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- While this is not something I at as a kid, growing up (not a Greek Recipe) I love it!!! It's super healthy, fresh and easy to make.
- Honestly, I love eating it with a spoon, but it goes really nice with some grilled fish or chicken or with some crunchy tortilla chips. I like this chunky version way better than the mushy variety. It has so much more character! Give it a try and let me know what you think 😉
- Cut the avocados in half and carefully remove the pit. Carefully slice the flesh of the avocado into cubes and place into a large bowl.
- Add the chopped onion, cilantro, tomatoes, jalapeno and garlic.
- Pour the lime juice and the olive oil over the salad and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve!