- 1 small head of cabbage, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- a handful of raisins
- 3-4 lemons, juiced
- about a half cup of olive oil or more to taste
- Slice the cabbage and wash well. Dry it and place in a large bowl.
- Grate the carrot with a box grater.
- Mix the lemon juice with olive oil to combine and pour over the salad. Season with salt.
- Toss well to combine.
- Add raisins and serve!
- What a beautiful, refreshing salad to serve along side a barbeque or just as a light lunch. My mom made this for me and my sister many times as an after school snack. Seriously! I'm not even joking.... And guess what??? We loved it 🙂
- She made it with white and red cabbage. The only change I've made to this recipe is the addition of raisins. They add another layer of texture which I'm a huge fan of. The cabbage is crisp, you get some tang from the lemony dressing and sweetness and chew from the raisins. It's really yummy. Give it a try!
- This is a pretty big salad that serves 6-8. Make adjustments as needed.