Deep, herby tender balsamic glazed chicken for any night of the week!
Watch the Video:
A 30-minute dish that everyone will love! This balsamic glazed chicken is simple to make, super flavorful, and on the table in a flash. It pairs well with any side dish, so you can create the perfect quick weeknight meal for your family. If there are any leftovers, make sandwiches with tomato and mozzarella… so good!!
A big hit!
- Soft tender chicken
- Deep, flavorful sauce
- Warm hearty herbs
- Delicious chicken dinner on the table in just 30 minutes!
Simple, flavorful ingredients
- Olive oil
- Chicken breasts –boneless and skinless
- Dark Balsamic dressing –if you don’t have this from my store, try your favorite dark balsamic vinegar
- Chicken broth
- Garlic cloves –grated
- Dried thyme
- Dried oregano
- Spicy mustard
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Options for the type of chicken
Even though chicken breast can be dry, I used it in this recipe because the sauce is so smooth and delicious that you won’t even notice if it is. To help keep the chicken from drying out, I cut each breast into smaller pieces. My favorite cut of chicken is boneless skinless chicken thighs because it’s always moist and would be an excellent substitute for this recipe. If you prefer bone-in chicken, feel free to use it. Just remember to cook it longer to make sure it’s fully cooked.
How to make Balsamic Glazed Chicken
- Slice each chicken breast into 3-4 pieces.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Next, heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil and then the chicken.
- Brown the chicken for 3 minutes on all sides.
- Combine the chicken broth, mustard, garlic, balsamic dressing, and herbs in a mixing bowl.
- Then, pour the dressing into the pan and cover it with the lid.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 10 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 °F.
Make it your own
If you haven’t tried the new dark balsamic dressing in our store, you won’t be disappointed. It comes from the same place our olive oil does, my dad’s village in Crete, and I can’t rave about the quality enough. Use your favorite dark balsamic vinegar if you don’t have this in your pantry. If you want more sauce, add more balsamic and chicken broth or even double the sauce ingredients. When using traditional balsamic vinegar, you can add a teaspoon of honey to make it a little sweeter and the sauce a little thicker. Make it how you like, and let me know what you do!
Because this is a 30-minute dish, make side dishes that can be done within the same time frame. I love to make this with my skillet potatoes, but rice, pasta, or a salad would also be a hit. Many of your favorite sides will go perfectly, so the possibilities are endless. Your entire family will love this balsamic glazed chicken, and I can’t wait for you to try it. Kali Orexi.
Buy the Balsamic Dressing & Olive Oil in our Shop
More Quick & Easy Recipes:
- Salmon in a Lemony Butter Sauce
- Mediterranean Chicken Stew with Spinach
- Deconstructed Cabbage Rice Pilaf
- The Best Chicken Noodle Soup
- Salmon in a Spinach Feta Sauce
- One-Pan Roasted Chicken & Potatoes
Slice each chicken breast in 3-4 pieces.
Season both sides of the chicken with salt and black pepper.
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the olive oil and then, the chicken. Brown the chicken for 3 minutes on all sides.
In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken broth, mustard, garlic, balsamic dressing, and herbs.
Pour the dressing into the pan and cover with the lid.
Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 10 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chiken reaches 165 °F.
Serve with skillet potatoes, rice, pasta, or a salad.
Substitute boneless skinless chicken thigh meat instead of the chicken breast.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.