- Makes 9 Roses:
- ½ batch cream cheese pastry
- 2 red apples, (Gala, Pink Lady, Red Delicious) thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons apricot or raspberry jam plus 3 tablespoons water
- 3-4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 rounded teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Confectioners’ sugar for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius)
Dust flour onto your work surface and onto your rolling pin. Roll out the dough to an 18 x 14 inch rectangle.
Cut 9 horizontal strips that will measure 2 inches in height.
Combine the jam and water and mix well to combine.
Combine the sugar with cinnamon. Mix well to combine.