- 1 pound unsalted butter, softened
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth in a tabletop mixer with the paddle attachment. Add the flour in thirds until incorporated.
- Collect all the dough on the counter and form a round ball. Cut into two equal portions and form each part into a round. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes till 1 hour to allow to rest and harden a bit. This dough can be stored in the freezer up to one month.
- To form a pie crust, lightly dust a work surface and a rolling pin with flour. Roll out to about 13-14 inches in diameter.
- Fold it in half to transfer it onto a 10 inch round by about 2 inch deep pie pan. Open up the dough to cover the pan. Fold the edges under that are hanging out of the pan. Crimp to form a decorative pattern.
- Freeze for at least an hour before filling with your favorite pie filling. You may wrap the frozen prepared pie crust in its pan with plastic wrap and store in the freezer up to a month.
- These are great to have on hand! Make a bunch and enjoy delicious pie all year round