- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/4 cups toasted and ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar), for dusting over the cookies before baking
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- I made these delicious little cookies for my cooking class this past week. I had lots of egg whites left over after making vanilla pudding, so I decided to make these yummy, light, Italian confections. They're super easy to make and make a nice gift 🙂 Oh, and they're "Gluten Free!"
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the almonds, cornstarch and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Beat the egg whites and salt with an electric mixer with the whisk attachment until frothy. Turn the mixer on high speed and slowly add the 3/4 cup of sugar. Beat until thick, glossy and stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the nut mixer with a rubber spatula.
- With a small ice cream scoop, (mine is a little bigger than a melon baller) scoop little rounds of the cookie dough onto the baking tray. Leave about 1 inch of space between each cookie.
- Dust lightly with the confectioner's sugar. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Serve these delicious little cookies with coffee, tea, ice cream or get creative and use them to make a crust for cheesecake. Yumm 🙂
Leave a Reply