- 4 cups seeded and cubed watermelon
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- handful fresh basil leaves
- A refreshing summer drink. Feel free to substitute cantaloupe for the watermelon. Mint is also a great substitute for the basil. Citrus goes great in this drink too! Use your imagination and create your favorite combinations.
- Combine sugar, water and basil leaves in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir so that the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Discard basil leaves and cool completely. Now you have basil flavored simple syrup.
- Place the cubed watermelon in a blender and process until smooth. Add the basil syrup and blend until smooth.
- Pour over ice and enjoy!