- 1/2 cup bulgur wheat, or quinoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2-3 tomatoes, diced (or 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- feta cheese (optional)
- Place bulgur wheat in a bowl and pour the boiling water over it along with 1/4 cup lemon juice. Cover the bowl and let stand at least 15 minutes until the liquid is absorbed. Season with salt and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine all of herbs and vegetables. Toss in the cooked bulgur wheat.
- Dress with the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with feta and serve alongside anything.