- Serves 8:
- 1/2 cup bulgur wheat, or quinoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2-3 tomatoes, diced (or 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Garnish: feta cheese (optional)
Place bulgur wheat in a bowl and pour the boiling water over it along with 1/4 cup lemon juice. Cover the bowl and let stand at least 15 minutes until the liquid is absorbed. Season with salt and allow to cool.
In a large bowl, combine all of herbs and vegetables. Toss in the cooked bulgur wheat.
Dress with the olive oil and lemon juice.
Season with salt and pepper.
Garnish with feta and serve alongside anything.