- 1 package lady fingers
- 1 pound strawberries, sliced, plus 4-5 more for garnish
- 1 cup sliced, toasted almonds
- 2 cups simple syrup
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 recipe vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Simple Syrup Recipe (2-3 cups)
- 3 cups of water
- 3 cups of sugar
- A very elegant dessert that can be served all year round. This recipe is made with ladyfingers, but it can be made more decadent with pound cake instead. Use your favorite fruits or berries to make it a perfect dessert for two or for a party!
- Serve this dessert in individual little trifle bowls or in a large trifle bowl. I've served this in pretty wine glasses and even fancy tea cups. My style is very eclectic and I like to use whatever I have. Just get creative or keep it simple. This yummy dessert speaks for itself! The serving dishes are just an accent 🙂
- In a saucepan, stir together the water and sugar. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar dissolves. Let cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Place simple syrup in a large bowl and add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to it and stir. Add a few pieces (about ¼ cup or less) of sliced strawberries and crush with your hands or a fork. This will add strawberry flavor to the syrup. Allow to cool completely before dipping the ladyfingers in it.
- Dip 2-3 ladyfingers in the syrup and turn to coat all sides. Place the soaked ladyfingers on the bottom of a trifle bowl. Top with strawberries and pudding. Repeat this step twice more ending with pudding on top.
- Pipe whipped cream around the bowl. Arrange strawberries in the center and garnish with the toasted almonds. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight and serve!