Watch the Video
- 2 zucchinis
- ½ cup olive oil
- 5-6 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 14 ounces canned tomatoes pureed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Chunk of feta cheese as an optional garnish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F, 200 °C.
- Wash and pat dry the zucchinis.
- Cut a long slit down the center of the zucchini deep enough so that the garlic fits inside.
- Stuff with the garlic slices.
- Place the stuffed zucchinis in a small baking dish and drizzle them with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the zucchinis are roasting prepare the sauce.
- Combine the remaining olive oil along with the chopped onions in a small pan. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until soft and golden.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and season with some salt, crushed red pepper flakes, and oregano.
- Cook the sauce until it thickens. About 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Pour the sauce over the zucchinis, cover the baking tray with foil and return to the oven.
- Reduce the heat to 350 °F, 180°C and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the zucchini is soft.
- Remove the foil and bake uncovered 10-15 minutes longer.
- Crumble some feta cheese over the top of the zucchinis, garnish with parsley and serve alongside some toasted bread. Enjoy!