- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed (about 2 pounds)
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 3 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 cups (or more) water
- 1-2 roasted red peppers
- crumbled feta cheese and toasted bread
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius)
- Place all of the vegetables except the roasted red peppers in a baking pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
- Roast for about 50 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and slightly caramelized.
- Place all the roasted vegetables in a pot along with the roasted red peppers and 8 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree until smooth in a blender. Do this in 3-4 batches.
- Place back into the pot and add more water to make it the consistency that you like.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with some toasted bread and crumbled feta cheese on top.