- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces chopped semi sweet or dark high quality chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- whipped cream
- crushed candy cane (garnish)
- Combine the milk, cream, and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate and peppermint extract. Stir until the chocolate melts.
- Pour into 2 warm cups and dollop with homemade whipped cream. Sprinkle some crushed candy cane over the whipped cream.
- Serve immediately.