ONE POT LEMONY CHICKEN & POTATOES
- 1 and ½ - 2-pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1-pound potatoes sliced
- 3 garlic cloves grated
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons dried crushed oregano
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, or less
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper cubed
- Sprig of rosemary for garnish
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Heat oil in a pot and add half of the seasoned chicken to the pot as to not overcrowd. Brown the chicken 3 -4 minutes on each side, remove from pot and allow to rest on a plate.
- Brown remaining chicken and set aside.
- Add ½ cup of chicken broth to pot to deglaze it and place all of the chicken back in. Add the grated garlic, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes, season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Add the remaining chicken broth and bring to a boil. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
- In a bowl, combine egg yolks, cornstarch, and lemon juice and whisk until smooth.
- Add some hot broth from the pot to the egg mixture to temper it. Whisk well and pour into the pot.
- Cook through over medium heat about 3-4 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Garnish with the rosemary sprig and chopped red pepper and serve with some toasted bread.
Leave a Reply